Monday, September 26, 2011

Sick Day Crafts - Glass Marble {Magnets}

Levi is home sick today. Not too sick, just lethargic with a very slight fever and a stuffy nose. It was enough to keep him home from school today, but then.....what to do all day? We watched some retro Looney Tunes cartoons and The Price Is Right, then baked chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, and while he did a puzzle I got out the supplies to make some glass marble magnets. I have some that I received as a gift from my sister, purchased from Tanner Glass on Etsy, but then I saw a tutorial online and it was so easy! I already had the 'marbles', scraps of paper, and Mod Podge, so thus far a very cheap project.


Levi became interested and we figured he should make some too! So he got out a Lego Club magazine, cut out some teeeny pictures (that's the hard part, finding images small enough that would still be recognizable when cut to size), and he is so pleased with them!


It was a fun thing for us to do together on this tired/sick/rainy/windy/blustery day. :)

I called these {magnets} in the title because they are meant to have small magnets glued to the backs so you can use them on the fridge. I have no magnets yet!

4 comments:

Emma said...

Yours came out great and I love the lego images! My advise to you is to get STRONG magnets, or at least, stronger than mine. My magnets fly off every time I open and close the freezer door! Ooops... (At least they look pretty!)

Kelly @ Vintage Fabric Studio said...

These are really cute! Such boy stuff! And I agree with Emma, strong magnets, I've got a few of these as gifts and they are cute but they don't hold anything to the fridge! Thanks for linking them up with Eat, Grow, Sew!

Anonymous said...

Love them Heath!
~CJ

Unknown said...

Hello,
Buy Magnets synchronous motors have been in use on machine tools and other production machinery for many years, owing to their reliable performance, durability, relatively low cost, and electrical stability.Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!