Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hometown Throw Pillow

We had a very rainy morning here today, but slowly things started to improve and when I noticed a moment when it had stopped raining I grabbed my first finished leftover HSTs throw pillow and took it outside for a photo. Oh, also a towel to dry off the bench beforehand!


I used a 16x16 pillow insert, and followed this awesome pillow tutorial from Sew Mama Sew and it turned out so well! The fit could be a little snugger but all of the fabrics are yet to be washed for the first time, so once all 3 pillow covers are finished I will throw them all in the wash together, hope for a tiny bit of shrinkage, and I think the fit will be much nicer.



Linked up with the following.....

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations


Sew Happy Geek


The Girl Creative




15 comments:

Debbie said...

One beautiful pillow! It looks great!

Rebecca said...

I should really pick up some pillow inserts and put my scraps to good use like this! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Looks great Heather! I imagine with such a beautiful new quilt and throw pillows it will be hard NOT to make your bed!
~CJ

Jeanette said...

I love this, love the colors, design and the quilting. I must make my way to that tutorial!

Alli said...

Your pillow is adorable! The quilting looks perfect and I really like the yellowy brown stitching that frames the HSTs. It adds a great touch! :)

Toni said...

It looks great, Heather! And I agree with Alli about that stitching. Makes a great frame for the design!

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous pillow Heather! I really love those fabrics and your quilting !!

Chelsea said...

I love how the quiting lines come together to form that grid in the border. So pretty!

amy dame said...

this is wonderful, and your quilting is so perfect!

Collette said...

this is stunning! great colours x

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Gorgeous cushion!! I really like that bench too :)

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

That's a great pillow. It looks perfect on the grey/blue bench!

QuiltNut Creations said...

Super cute! I love the quilting.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors in these and I never tire of hsts.

Megan said...

So cute--love those fabrics and your quilting is beautiful! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!