Wednesday, October 12, 2011

W.I.P. Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Alright, so I'm going to do a proper W.I.P. Wednesday post for the first time, as usual hosted by Lee of the Freshly Pieced blog.

Ongoing projects:

- my Swoon quilt, 5 out of 9 blocks finished and block #6 well underway! And on a related note, I think I "fixed" my sewing machine. I honestly don't know what was going on, I just kept tweaking the tension until I finally got it right. It seems very sensitive though, a tiny adjustment can be too much. So now that I've got it, I am not going to touch the tension for now!!


- my HST project from the leftover flying geese bits. I posted yesterday of my experiments thus far, and today I received an email from Rebecca Lynn with this HST layout from flickr, and here is my version of it. I really like this one.


Projects up and coming:

- I am going to be vague because I want it to be a surprise, but I am so excited about this little project that I have in the works (well, in my mind mostly at this point. . . and a little fabric in the mail. . . )

15 comments:

Alli said...

What a neat HST layout!

I know what you mean about not wanting to touch the tension once you've fixed it! My machine got mad at me a while ago for trying to switch between Aurifil and some other thread in the bobbin, so once I finally got everything working again, I stopped changing thread brands. :}

Unknown said...

love the HST layout, what a great way to use leftovers!

Toni said...

Ok, you know I love the Swoon blocks, but I'm also totally crushing on your HST layout you've got there! Can't wait to see what you're going to do with the Little Apples!

Greta said...

I like your swoon quilt blocks. I really want to make one of these but haven't gotten around to it yet. I was holding out for the release of Ruby but have since made other plans for that particular fabric so now I'm shopping around for ideas. Your version is just perfect :) Is that Hometown?

Cille said...

The HST is awesome. And I'm also reminded of why I bought the Swwon pattern a while ago and why I must get started on it soon :) It looks really great

Andy said...

I really like that hst layout too. That Hometown line of fabric is one of my favorites!

Tanya said...

I love that half square triangle layout. I've never seen it before. I bet it would look fun in reverse, as well. Nice job!

Carla said...

Love all your Swoon blocks! I definitely need to get on the band wagon and get me that pattern. I like surprises so I'm looking forward to see what you have in the works.

M-R Charbonneau said...

I love all your fabric choices. Such great colours and patterns. Your Swwon bloocks and HSTs are beautiful! Looking forward to seeing what you do with that Aneela Hoey fabric!

Lynette said...

Love love love the HST layout.

Debbie said...

You're making great Swoon progress & love that hst layout - very cool!

Stephanie Nagano said...

I'm still loving your swoon blocks! You're almost done! I can't wait to see the final product :D also, I love little apples! What will you do with in?

Marg said...

The swoon blocks are fabulous and I really love the HST layout.

BijouxBaby said...

Love the HST layout!

Lee said...

Oh, wow, Swoon blocks in Hometown! LOOOOVE! Can't wait to see what you do with Little Apples. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )