Friday, August 24, 2012

May this be a lesson....


See that, across the lime green circle?  Ummm, yeah.  That's what's called faded fabric.  :(  I finally took out my Brrr! bundle that I won months ago, started ironing the FQs, and noticed right away what had happened.  It's not present on all of the pieces that I have, and is definitely most pronounced on the lime green than any of the other colours, but can I say how disappointed I am??   I'm sure you can all understand!  Of course I will still use it and I'm hoping that it will not be obvious on a finished object.  I'm chopping it up a fair bit (more to come on that!) so I'm crossing fingers that that helps to conceal it as well.  

So may this be a lesson to all of us, please store your fabric where it will not see the light of day!!

9 comments:

Patti said...

Oh no Heather! I hope that once it is made into something beautiful, it won't be noticeable! I love the Brr! and really should get mine started into the tree skirt I have planned!

Patchwork and Play said...

It is such pretty fabric that hopefully your project will be the focus rather than the fading!

felicity said...

Oh darn. :(

Suz said...

This is also something to watch in bundles that have been sitting at a shop for a while...

Debbie said...

Seriously Oh darn!! ;(
That's the pits!!!

Chelsea said...

Oh, wow! I've never seen fading like that! But I'm going to run upstairs right now and make sure I don't have any fabric sitting under the skylight in my sewing room.

Katie B. said...

Oh, boo! I'm sure it won't be noticeable when you put the quilt together.

Tanya said...

Such sweet fabric...what a shame. you probably want notice once you cutt it up

LuLu said...

Oh my goodness! That is so sad. I like to be able to see my fabrics. Oh well, better safe than sorry.