Since last Wednesday, I finished my Hometown Reunion baby quilt (which is now listed in my shop), and have managed to make progress on two of my previous works in progress that had been languishing for quite some time.
First up, I made progress on my Proverbial QAL baby quilt. I had pieced the letters for the word "SLEEP" quite a while ago (I'd say even a couple months ago) and finally got around to adding the letter spacers and an upper and lower border to make my word 'panel'.
I've ordered one yard of Kona Cloud to finish up this top, my idea is to create a layout like this mock-up:
Then yesterday I pulled out the nine disappearing 9-patch blocks that I had made using the bundle of Brrr! that I won a looooong time ago. I wasn't sure what to do with them - doing a simple 3x3 layout wouldn't make a very big quilt, so what I ended up doing was ripping out the final seams on 4 of the blocks (to create 8 half disappearing 9-patch blocks), then I added a half block to each of the remaining 5 blocks, then joined the newly formed blocks into one long panel, which measures approximately 23" x 77".
Now as you can see, this makes for a very BUSY piece of patchwork - kind of shocked me actually, when I put it all together! So my plan is to keep the final layout as simple as possible and am hoping to go for something like this quilt, using either white or light gray for the solid colour.
Finally this week, I decided to cut up a few scraps into 60 degree triangles to give that sort of piecing a try. I have been seeing many awesome triangle quilts lately on Pinterest especially, but had never tried one. This is the little sample I came up with, and I can't say I enjoyed it! I like how it looks, but it requires a bit more care and precision than I'm willing to do right now I think. It's out of my system for the time being!
So that is all that I've actively worked on this week, which doesn't seem like a whole lot, but it feels good to pull a few things off of the "inactive" pile and get going on them again.