Thursday, December 20, 2012

Really Random Thursday

Do you ever have a bit of a sewing slump following a really large project??  I feel a bit like that's what's happened to me.  Finishing Fussy Fairytales was a huge accomplishment, and things have been a little slow since then.  I've also been working at our school office once or twice a week lately, which doesn't sound like much, but it does affect my productivity sewing-wise!

Since I missed W.I.P. Wednesday yesterday, I'll share a few little things today instead.

family passport wallet

This is a family passport wallet (pattern by One Shabby Chick), which I'm making for someone.  These are the exact fabrics I used for the one I made for our family.  I had a little run-in with the directional print yesterday and realized that the numbers on the strap will end up upside down, so I'll be re-doing the strap today!

read library tote paper piecing

I finally picked up Michelle's "Read Library Tote" pattern after admiring it for some time.  The bag we currently use for our library books isn't big enough to hold very many books, or very large books.  So I'm excited to make this tote.  I have the paper pieced letters done so far and I love how they turned out.


Ever wonder how many safety pins it takes to pin baste a twin size bed quilt?  Maybe I'm the only one who wonders these things....  I counted the pins I used for Fussy Fairytales and there were nearly 500!!


We had a bit of snow this week, and let me tell you it doesn't take much snow in these parts for chaos to ensue!  I was working at the school yesterday and we had less than half of our students show up.  Let's just say, less students at school makes things more crazy.  :)  So today we are happy that we have above freezing temperatures with rain.  haha


And finally for today - I don't often share photos of my kids on the blog, but here they are.  And looking rather mischievous I must say.  :)

Live A Colorful Life

13 comments:

Alisa said...

I definitely have that after a big project. Or a series of little ones. Yesterday my sister helped me clean up my sewing room and now I don't want to sew in it and mess it up.

I think your library bag is going to look great!

Have a good Christmas and time off with your kids!

Debbie said...

Fun randomness. Can't believe how many pins you used!! And love the pic of the kids! ;-)

Katie B said...

The pin thing always amazes me. I never have enough! Have fun making the library tote!

Carla said...

I do allow myself a day or three after a project to sort of rest. I think it's good to take a break to get inspired again.
Merry Christmas

Schulz Family said...

visiting from really random thursday, love the look of the tote. can't wait to see it finished

Susan said...

Love the R E A D pieces! 500 pins! Amazing!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Those bags are so fun to make! Looking great. And I'm definitely the same after a big finish, even if I have heaps of things I want/need to make

CityHouseStudio said...

Your library bag is looking so cute, Heather!
And 500 pins, wow!!!

Anna said...

Omg, I think that might be what's happened to me too. I just couldn't figure it out until you said that. And then it hit me... I totally just finished my biggest quilt to date (only 50x70, but I'd been doing only baby quilts before that). I'm in a total slump and it started after I finished that quilt.

Cathy said...

Love the tote!

Toni said...

Such handsome little men! I am always amazed at the number of pins that it takes to baste a quilt, too. And it is funny to hear that snow causes chaos up there! I know the climate you live in is more temperate and rainy, but I still hear "Canada" and think snow!!

Kristan said...

Awww, your boys are cute! The read tote is going to be lovely!

CitricSugar said...

Great shot of the kids!

I think you might be a super-baster - I generally try to baste with as few pins as I can get away with…

Have a very Merry Christmas!