Here I've been claiming to have not done much sewing lately, forgetting a few things that I finished before Christmas and haven't shown yet.
First up, new flannel PJ pants for my boys. They actually came to the fabric store with me and chose the fabrics themselves, and they proved to be much more decisive in the fabric store than I ever am! We were in and out in about 10 minutes. :) I used Simplicity 5271 which was easy and I'll definitely use it again.
We bought our oldest son a Kobo e-reader for Christmas, and the day before we left for our time away over the holidays I decided he needed a case for it so I whipped this up. He chose the colours from my solid scraps, and told me he wanted "crooked stripes". :) I won't show you the top-stitching up close - it is not my best work ever and the layers doing it this way were SO thick, but my son is happy with it and that's all that counts, right??
And now, we're back to the present! Two things to show from this week......
I finished my "READ" library tote, which I made using Michelle's pattern. I kept it pretty simple, excluding the 'bookshelf' idea from the back of the bag, as well as the interior pocket. The solids are Kona Ash & Coal, and the interior which you can't see is a solid orange. I'm really happy with it, and it's larger than our current library bag which is awesome.
And finally for now, Holly and I arranged to do a bee block swap with each other. She made a granny square for me for my bee month, and I made her an improv block using the solids she sent me. This was a lot of fun to make! It's very similar to the one I made for M-R a few months ago, and it I'm happy to say that the improv came a bit easier this time. I was at a 14" square in no time. Hope you like it Holly!