Thursday, August 2, 2012

What 270 hexagons looks like...


These are 1" hexies (measured along each side), and interestingly, 270 of them makes an approximate 27" x 27" square.  I'm feeling like "what do I do now???".  I don't like having unfinished projects but I don't even know what this is going to be!  At one point yesterday as I stitched on the last row that I had ready for now, I thought hmm, maybe I'll make it into a kitchen floor mat, but then I realized it is too big for that now.  I guess I'll tuck it away for now and add to it here and there - you will see more of this project in the future!

Linking up with Parade Day @ There and Back

15 comments:

Danny Heyen said...

Well, whatever you decide to do with it, it's beauteous!

Toni said...

Oh my goodness, that looks like a lot of work! Whatever it becomes will be fabulous, though!

Katy said...

That is stunning! I am very jealous of anyone who can do hexies they just are far too fiddly for me.

Katy
x

Kimberly said...

My word, do I ever have a lot to go! When you figure out what to do with it, let me know because I'm sure I'll be in the same boat pretty soon!

Janice @ Better off Thread said...

I don't think I could ever walk on something so beautiful and time consuming. It deserves to be on the wall!

Suzanne said...

Wow! That's a lot of hexies! Looks gorgeous. I'm glad it's too big for a mat because it's way to nice to stand on!

Debbie said...

not sure I could ever do this but glad you've enjoyed it & it looks terrific!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

So beautiful! Could it be a partner for the postage stamp quilt and add borders (or applique) for a similar look?

FarahLin said...

Beautiful hexies! can't wait to see what you'll be making with them =)

Courtney said...

So pretty, I love them!

Nic said...

How about using it on your table to put hot dishes on?
Looks great btw

Leanne said...

How about bordering it and making it into a quilt? It is lovely.

The Michelle Show said...

Wow, that is just great!

Katie said...

I'd keep adding to it until it's a good sized quilt, because then you could wow everyone with your gorgeous quilt!

waggonswest said...

I don't think it can be counted as an unfinished object if it is made from scraps which are likely going to be generated in the future! Projects, generating scraps would all be considered working on this. It is beautiful I envy your patience and persistence making hexies.