Tuesday, January 24, 2012

W.I.P. Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Completed Projects:

~ Not a quilty project, but rather my sewing machine shopping! Finished!! If you've read my previous post then you already know that I am now the proud owner of a Pfaff Ambition 1.0. Love it so far!


Ongoing Projects:

~ Kaleidoscope Quilt - still no progress, but now with this new machine I am wondering whether I might give the machine quilting another try. Am I crazy???


~ Sparkle QAL - cutting instructions were released last week, and I got a little ambitious, finishing my cutting and wanting to move on, so I cheated (psst...don't tell anyone) and started assembling blocks based on the pictures and the measurements of pieces given. I am using four different fabrics, making 4 "sparkles" out of each, and so far I have all of the dark blocks finished.


~ Modern Halves Quilt - I had quickly made 4 blocks, then realized that my scraps situation was such that this project would not last long, and as an 'ongoing project' waiting for scraps to accumulate, I decided it would probably end up not going. So I took the blocks that I had, sliced and diced them and ended up with this....will probably end up as a baby quilt for charity.


~ Chrysalis Quilt - no progress
~ Asterisk project - no progress

New Projects:

~ Not in the works yet, but my sewing machine will need a cover, don't you think? Something a bit nicer than the plastic one it came with. Maybe something like this....

Sewing machine cover (front)

{Photo used with permission from Svetlana of s.o.t.a.k handmade. Click on the photo to go to Svetlana's Flickr stream, and click here to go to the tutorial for this sewing machine cover.}

_____________

I look forward to seeing what the rest of you have been up to this week. Happy Wednesday!

21 comments:

Kerstin said...

I have a serious case of sewing machine envy now... LOL! Love the colors of your Kaleidoscope quilt.

Patti said...

As i found out myself, quilting with a new machine makes a HUGE difference! Give it a go! It's a gorgeous quilt too.

Kate said...

*gasp* Cheater! That block looks like a great way to showcase the prints in your FQs.

Sue Daurio said...

the kaleidoscope block is great, love the fabric. yes you have to give machine quilting another try with your new baby!

Debbie said...

How fun your sewing time must be this week!! YES it needs a new cover! And love what you did with your modern halves blocks! I'm ready to start slashing mine! Your sparkle block looks great too! Great progress on that!!

Katie B said...

Yes! Try machine quilting again. You might have better luck with the new machine. You can do it!!
I love your Sparkle sneak peek, and the new sewing machine cover is a must!

Kelly @ Vintage Fabric Studio said...

hooray for new machines! I agree with the ladies, try FMQ on your new baby - you will be surprised at what you can do! Good luck with your progress!

Candace said...

Your modern halves quilt has inspired me. Thank you!

twelfthzodiac said...

I totally cheated & started piecing my sparkles too! I am just waiting til tomorrow to post, so I don't get in trouble! lol
Gorgeous new machine!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

lots of lovely projects...but I love the sewing machine cover

Molly said...

Oh yeah, try your hand at quilting with your new machine, put on some good music and make sure you are relaxed and just go for it! I love all your projects- very pretty!

Poppyprint said...

I missed your new machine post - yippee! Congratulations. So glad to hear you're enjoying it. YES you should machine quilt with it (but I'd suggest trying on a practice sandwich or two first!). A machine cover like that would be ace.

Amorette said...

i like your cheating sparkle quilt progress! also, jealous of the pfaff!

Jerimi said...

Ooh, I like your idea for a sewing machine cover. Very cute!

Toni said...

Congratulations on the new machine! Your Sparkle is coming along nicely, and the Modern Halves is looking great, too!

Danny Heyen said...

Hey! Congrats on the new machine! I am a new follower. I came over from Knotted Thread. Please come check out my blog. If you like what you see, follow me!

www.mommyforreals.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

What a wonderful new machine! I love all your projects, especially those last four little blocks.

felicity said...

Congratulations on your new machine! So so fun! Definitely do machine quilt your Kaleido but take Krista (Poppyprint)'s advice and practice on a few quilt sandwiches to get your bearings as it were.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I love your sparkle block, the dark fabric looks great! The modern halves will make a cute baby quilt too :)

Rebecca said...

LOVE your fabric choice for your Sparkle quilt! And I hope you're still enjoying your new machine!!

Kristina said...

Congrats on the new machine - that is the exact machine I was looking at recently! I love that Pfaff has the built-in walking foot. Fun to find your blog via WiP!