Monday, April 2, 2012

April ~ Fresh Sewing Day

Lily's Quilts

It's been while since I've participated in Lynne's Fresh Sewing Day {click button above to check out what others have been up to as well}, in fact I think this is my first of the new year! Fresh Sewing Day is a chance to look back at the month past and look ahead to what's next.

Half of March was spring break for my husband and my kids, but I still managed to get together a good number of finishes.

{top left: Chrysalis, top right: Scrappy Zig Zags, lower left: Sixteen Sparkles, lower right: Scrappy Postage Stamp top}

Also, this mini quilt that now hangs happily above my sewing machine. I love the bright little splashes of colour that it brings to the room.


Now, in regards to my last post about fabric shopping, let me say THANK YOU to everyone who offered their imput and suggestions. It was all so very helpful and I have bookmarked several more online options that I didn't know of before. I do try hard to keep my crafting as economical as possible, while still trying to afford quality products, and I'm really happy with the alternatives that many of you suggested. So far, what I have ordered since that post is the following:

~ from Marmalade Fabrics, 3yds Kona Snow, 3yds Kona Ash, 2yds Kona Coal

~from Fabric Shoppe on Etsy, this lovely FQ bundle of Sweetwater Reunion for making cushion covers for our living room


~ and finally (for now anyways), from fellow blogger Tracey {see her blog here}, this Sweetwater Pure jelly roll that she was destashing in her etsy shop. I've never used a jelly roll before and have had my eye on this strip tube quilt tutorial for a long time and am excited to give it a try!


Alright, time to wrap things up for today, and congrats if you made it all the way through today's post! Time for me to get on with my day - I have a lot on my 'to do' list for the week, getting the house back in order now that everyone is back to school. Fun fun! I'm sure I'll still squeeze some quilting in too.....

7 comments:

felicity said...

You were beautifully productive this month! And nice scores on the shopping. Woot!

Toni said...

You really did get a lot done this month! Everything looks great and congratulations on your fun purchases!

Patti said...

Great finishes Heather! Glad to see you are stash building! Ha! Have fun with that jelly roll!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Gorgeous work!! Love the fabric buys :) Marmalade fabrics are great!

Debbie said...

Love your March projects & it's tun that you get to try out your first jelly roll!

Nicole said...

You got quite a bit done, Heather! And from the yummy fabric you ordered, I'm sure good things are ahead for April. Enjoy!

Jenelle said...

You got so much done this month and really used some beautiful scraps to make a bunch of projects. I can't even chose which is my favorite! Lovely quilting on all of these too. I like the large swirl best, and may have to copy it sometime. :)