Thursday, February 14, 2013

Really Random Thursday 2/14/13

It's been a while since I've posted, so I figured joining in with Cindy's Random Thursday link-up would be a good way to catch up.

1.  My week was spent working on a special project which I alluded to in my last post.  It's a quilt for my Grandma, which I'll talk more about once it's finished.  I know for a fact that she will not see this, but if any of you W. family people are reading this, shhhhhh.  It's a secret.  :)


2.  I signed up to join do.Good Stitches {a Charity Bee} and heard this past week that I'm now a part of the Joy circle.  I'm really excited to be a part of the group and am going to be jumping in right away!

3.  What would you do with quilts that are unloved??  We have a few in our house that I made, that I like, and are not unlovable, but are definitely not being used.  I feel like we mostly just move them around to get them out of the way.  They're just too small.  Those of you who have read my blog for a while will remember these two.   What should I do with them???


I think that's where I'll leave things for now.  I'll soon have a finish to show!


Live A Colorful Life

15 comments:

Patti said...

The quilt is looking amazing, Heather! You are going to love quilting for do. Good Stitches! Your host, Jaclyn, is the co- president of our Saskatoon MQG!! You need to make a trip here Heather and meet up with us!

Toni said...

I'm loving your Churn Dashes! And congratulations on starting dGS! Are you going to be a quilter? Good luck on finding an opportunity to use those quilts. They are beautiful, but I completely understand having unused quilts getting in the way!

Kirsten said...

I love your quilt - the Churn dash blocks are so classically beautiful!

Cathy said...

Congrats on do good stitches!!!! Your churn and dash quilt is lovely!!!!

When you figure out what to do with the quilts let me know!!!

Jennifer said...

oh it looks stunning! How big are the quilts??

Kleep said...

Lovely, as usual!

Debbie said...

Very nice quilt for grandma...I'm sure she's really going to be pleased. And so happy for you to join do.Good! I've sure enjoyed being in it...annnd about those quilts - there's no where to hang them? I have a rotating rod in the dining room where different quilts 'take turns'. I have stacks here & there as decor too.

Erica said...

The quilt is gorgeous, your Grandmother is going to love it. I'm excited you are joining DGS, you're going to love it! I have some quilts that my MIL made for my husband when he was a teenager. They are wonderful and have had a lot of use, but I don't want to use them any more because they are getting very worn. We keep them hanging on a quilt rack in our bedroom so that we can still appreciate them.

Alli said...

What pretty quilts! I'm lucky that I have a wonderful sister who's willing to adopt things I've sewn when I don't want them. :>

Annabella said...

Your churn dash quilt is going to be lovely! I don't know how big your unwanted quilts are but could you donate them to a charity or sell them and donate the money to a charity or donate to Siblings Together? I love them and am sure others would too :-)

Susan said...

Your "too small quilts" are lovely- could you give them away, or would that be a wrench? I love the Churn Dash blocks. These are some of the nicest ones I've seen around! The background fabric appears to have a beautiful texture!

Carla said...

Your churn dash blocks are wonderful. One of my favourite blocks.

Melanie said...

Your Churn Dash quilt is going to be lovely! I'm sure your grandmother will love it!

As far as your quilts have you thought about donating them to charity? Depending on their size Project Linus might be able to use them or you could contact your county's local family services program. My guild donates "comfort" quilts to local families that are starting over or to foster children. Just a thought!

Svetlana said...

LOVE!!! your churn dash, looks so beautiful, I'm sure your grandma will adore it.

Live a Colorful Life said...

What a lucky grandmother--your grandmother will love it and churn dash is such a great block.